Below is a modified recipe from Jennifer Plantenberg,the 2nd place winner of the 2012 Vegetarian Times Reader Recipe Contest. I really enjoyed the taste of the potatoes and onions, the lime juice gave it a great tangy flavor. I left out a few ingredients and used what I had lying around.
Jennifer suggests adding the mixture into a tortilla with black beans and avocado for a quick lunch. I didn’t try this, but it sounds like a great idea! ***Correction, I did try the tortilla wrap and it was delicious.
2 large sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut in cubes
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 tsp. olive oil (original recipe calls for safflower oil)
2 tsp. cajun spice mix (original recipe calls for cumin)
1 tsp. paprika
1 lime, halved
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Toss sweet potato and onion with oil. Add mix to baking sheet and sprinkle with cajun spices and paprika. Add salt and pepper, if desired. Squeeze 1/2 of lime over potato and onion. Roast 45 minutes, tossing half way through.
2. Remove from oven; squeeze remaining lime juice over top and sprinkle with cilantro.
- theyearsgoneby likes this
- naturalbornmother likes this
- jazzmin-arius likes this
- taminglions likes this
- autoanatomy likes this
- blasters likes this
- occidorien likes this
- dimanda likes this
- believingishalfthechallenge likes this
- simhysterics likes this
- gotthatpma likes this
- estoperpetuaa likes this
- alannasayshi reblogged this from crumbykitchen
- ticklemefit likes this
- butterflygrace reblogged this from crumbykitchen
- beheaded-breadman likes this
- childofthefoxes likes this
- crumbykitchen posted this